Friday, January 29, 2010

trains skates and mountains

Summer train skate edit from millz on Vimeo.


In the summer
of 2009 My friend Ari and I embarked on a
nothing short of epic trip from Oakland, CA
to Portland, OR riding freight trains and
hitch hiking. I know it
is smarter to travel
light but I brought
my skates anyways.
Ari brought his longboard. My
wheels chunked
out just crossing oakland on the first
day but that didn't
stop me from skating
in Emeryville,
Roseville,
Shasta City, and Portland.
We even climbed mt. Shasta!
we got to Portland
just in time
for a record breaking heat wave.
I got some new frames and
wheels from
Rat-tail distrabution (thanks)
and got a few skate days in before
catching a rideshare
in a rental car off of craigslist
and shooting
back down to the bay.
look out for summer 2010

No comments: